Monday 29 June 2009

The Genius Gert!




I was woken suddenly this morning by a frantic phonecall from QR. "Boo I've lost Gertie, she's completely disappeared". I leapt out of bed, mistakingly putting on my "I love Birds T-shirt!" pulled my jeans on (no boxers commando style!) and bolted out of the door on a sprint to the park to find our three month old Gertie and comfort poor QR.

But as soon as I got out of the flat who do I find scratching at the door...Gertie! She had managed to cross three roads, and find her way home about a quarter of a mile away! She was very happy to see me but not half as happy as QR when I phoned her with the news. QR had gone to stand with a couple of other dog walkers and we reckon that Gertie just hadn't spotted where she was, had panicked and ran off back home.

I know most parents think it -but we both think our Gertie is somewhat of a little genius!
Phew! It could have been an awful start to QRs' birthday!

7 comments:

nashobamoon said...

for three months old ... amazing, pure genius!

8thday said...

That is one cute (and smart) puppy you've got there.

And Happy Birthday to QR.

Jesse said...

OMG she is adorable and yes, very smart indeed!!!

shane rocket said...

woa. lucky. gert!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is really smart for as young as she is.

Anna said...

Cute and smart!

Anonymous said...

cute and smart! watch out when she gets a bit older. lol

she's gonna have y'all doing handstands!